Visit Japanese Gagaku page if your browser can read Japanese fonts
You can now use PayPal for purchase! For further information, please contact: email@example.com
1. Introduction within one hour about all ganres
2. Vocal music - kuniburi no utamai: "azuma-asobi" (37 min.) and "kume-mai" (20 min.), saibara: "Ise-no-umi" and "Koromogae" (19 min.), roei: "Kashin" and "Koyo" (16 min.)
3. Dance music - bugaku: "Taiheiraku" (47 min.) and "Engiraku" (29 min.)
4. Orchestral music - kangen: "Etenraku: nokorigaku-sanben" (41 min.) and "Bato" (29 min.)
5. Materials I: Instruments and Notation (54 min.)
6. Materials II: Costumes, Masks and Properties (104 min.)
Commentary Booklet 1 (in Japanese, on tapes 1-6)
Commentary Booklet 2 (in Japanese, on tapes 7-10 in English, on tapes 1-10)
7. Addendum 1: bugaku: "Ryoo" and "Nasori", kangen: "Bairo", "The BUGAKU Dance" recoded in 1939
8. Addendum 2: bugaku: "Manzairau", "Ringa", "Genjoraku" recorded originally in 1972 for the Encyclopaedia Cinematographica
TSUGE Gen'ichi, Professor Emeritous, Tokyo National University of Fine Arts and Musics
ENDO Toru, Associate Professor, Tokyo Education and Liberal Arts University
Steven G. NELSON, Professor, Hosei University
OKADA Kazuo, Director, Encyclopaedia Cinematographica Japan Archives, Shimonaka Memorial Foundation
With the cooperation of TokyoCinema Inc.
Order the DVD series please contact:
Shimonaka Memorial Foundation, Mr. OKADA Kazuo e-mail: info@TokyoCinema.net
Production of the English version was supported by a grant from the Japan Foundation
DVD 2-4 are without narration so only Japanese and English subtitles are provided. For the convenience of foreign users who understand or wish to study GAGAKU intensively, the Japanese titles are retained in the English version.
price: 132,000 Yen
We will ship the DVD by EMS (Express Mail Service) and shipment expenses will be covered by us. We regret that SMF cannot accept credit cards. DD (Demand Draft cheque) and TT (Telegraphic Transfer to our Bank Account) are welcomed. Who wish to use PayPal for purchase, please contact us.
Order Sheet Download:
page started 2007.09.19.
final update 2008.07.15.
wall paper courtesy of